Tuesday 16 October 2012

VS2010 vs. SQL Assistant

Hi guys,


My VS2010, started acting VERY weird! Upon startup, it gave my mysterious errors like “Could not load module this and that”.

And when I tried to open a solution, it just “Stopped working”, asking me if I wanted to debug the program. Yeah right, let me just debug visual studio 


Anyways, I ran devenv.exe with the /log switch, and got a pretty sweet XML file. It pointed me to what errors did occur during startup.


I did a Google search, and stumbled across this one: http://www.softtreetech.com/support/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=27786&sid=24857705cf905400d2125e79a4b72565

I realized that I just installed SQL Assistant, and guess what, I did not check the checkbox “ Integrate with Visual Studio 2010”. Just as the above link explains.


One guy at the forum, puts it down this way:


I found a solution. I installed SQL Assist with the the Visual Studio Addin checked, even though I don't want it.

Your installer is telling Visual Studio to load the Addin, even if you don't choose to install it.

Well, that’s what I did as well, and now it’s working.
Thanks,

No comments: